BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 37.


How time flies!

Just went to the Ob and all was ok. Which is lovely.
I think that he thinks Sd and I are slightly strange because we do not appear particularly excited about the impending birth of our child. We're kind of not. I think we are slowly going into some kind of shock. Especially when our doctor says things like 'less than 2 weeks to go!' and we just smile and say 'Yes'.
Not really the reaction to that statement you'd look for in expectant parents!
Underwhelmed anyone?!

Like I keep saying, it is becoming more and more surreal each day that soon we will have a baby.

There is definitely a part of me that will not allow myself to contemplate our future because of what has come before.
When this baby is out of me and in the world then I will feel more able to comprehend what has happened.

Strange but true.

I am sounding more and more deranged as this post continues, so I might leave it at that for now - I think you get the picture!


Hope you are having a lovely week!
And thank you so much for your comments on my last couple of posts.
They were very very kind.


xx

2 comments:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Completely understandable!

It's also so utterly strange and surreal, that I think it's hard for any to get excited about.

Best of luck and I'm glad to hear all is going well. x

Anonymous said...

At 37 weeks of pregancy any emotion you feel is pretty much normal!! It's a huge transition and the most wonderful and probably hardest thing I've even done! Hope all goes well over the coming weeks.