BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Magazines and me.


I'm not a huge magazine lover. I suspect my impaired Gemini attention span has something to do with this. I'm the kind of person who goes shopping and is so overwhelmed by the amount of things to look at, the bright colours etc that I often forget why I have come to the shops , what I need and what already have at home. That's why I have 6 striped singlets. I am honestly shocked each time I come home with another one that there are any already in my wardrobe.

I expect that for similar reasons, I don't like to read magazines much. They overwhelm me. When I finish reading them I can't remember anything I've read about or seen and I feel a bit dizzy!!

As a result, I only read four magazines regularly; Vanity Fair, Notebook, Frankie and Real Living.
My brain seems to cope with these publications quite well!!

There are many many others I like but I don't buy them because I can't bring myself to. I think I have reached a certain age where I can tolerate very minimal amounts of 'celebrity' anything. I have an aversion to trying to emulate the 'style' of a particular famous person. Don't mind if someone else does it...it's just not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I have particular people that impress me when it comes to their fashion choices or how they decorate their home. You can read about that here.
However, I don't want to be like them or have a smaller bum than them , I just think they do what they do well.

I want to do a really good job of being me, dressing like me and decorating like me!
The afor mentioned magazines help me to do that and that's why I like them!


Which magazines inspire you?


xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a foodie mag & the occassional Notebook. Since I've had kids magazine reading just doesn't seem to happen. Maybe because taking toddlers in the Newsagents is such hard work! To much stuff at grabbing level. I like ur take on celebs - I'm a bit over them too.

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

I was once the biggest mag junkie, and now they leave me cold. It's the lies, the lack of immediacy, the contradictions and the laziness. That said, I do like any who'll employ me...
Notebook's my one regular, and apart from that I love English mags. Usually cheaper than the oz version and with so much eye candy that doesn't tempt me into the shops - because I'd need a 24 plane trip to get there!

Kellyansapansa said...

I'm hooked on wedding mags at the moment. I can't seem to stop buying them, even the crappy ones that are just full of ads!

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

I don't read mags. I work in mags... bad , huh?!
I lie, I do read Good Weekend and mags in the Sunday papers. I will read any that my mum brings over, but I never buy any mags.
I recently cancelled my subscription to Delicious as I had so many and never cooked anything out of them.

megs said...

Caz and PPMJ - Glad I'm not alone on the celeb thing.

Kellyansapansa - I loved wedding mags too! Couldn't get enough of them actually!

Corinne - I love Good Weekend too. Am strangely addicted to the sunday papers - they never live up to my expectations but I
buy them religiously each week regardless...