BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Vent vent vent.


You know how something can completely take the wind out of your sails? Well, that just happened to me. And this post will be me venting so feel free move on over to the next blog if me venting is not something you feel like reading on a Monday morning!! ( can't imagine why you wouldn't!)

Without going into the gory details, I just rang my mother and in my view she said some things that, to say the least, were extremely childish and hurtful and wrong.
Essentially, she told me that she 'didn't feel like' doing something and then when I asked why she told me that she wasn't well. I said to her that that was news to me and then she told me that recently she had been investigated for an extremely serious illness and has found out she does not have it.
In order to defend herself.
She also said that she didn't want to tell me about it because she didn't want to ruin the birth of my child!?
Because it would be so much better to reveal that she had a life-threatening illness AFTER I had a baby!!!!!
Sooooo much better - obviously.

Although , she felt it fine to suddenly reveal it all in a phone conversation a couple of weeks before the birth of this baby in order to bite back at me when I asked why she 'didn't feel like' doing something. Fantastic decision.

I guess it is her business what she decides to share with other family members however I am devastated that she would choose to keep this from me and my sister and moreso that she saw fit to reveal it in such a way - using it as ammunition in an argument.

I'm furious. Can you tell?

I would like to add that she is surprised that I am angry ( because everything is fine and she does not have a terminal illness). So what's the problem?

Oh, and also that when I got married 2 years ago, my (chronically ill) father had shingles and was extremely ill on the day. I was so stressed that day because I could clearly see that my dad was a million times sicker than usual and everyone kept telling me he was fine. After the event, his condition was revealed to me and I made it very clear that that kind of 'protecting' of me was to never happen again.I thought we were clear on that.
Apparently not.


Off to set something on fire now. See you later!



xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your mother, wish I could offer something. You vented, maybe that's enough.

BUT, the photo of that cat is sooooooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!

And I needed a good chuckle right now.

Thank you, You helped me.
GregoryJ

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

i hope you've stomped off your anger! xx

megs said...

Gregory J - ..and you helped me. So thank you.

PPMJ - not completely stomped off yet. It's so weird to be so disappointed in a parent's behaviour. Especially my mum.
Will get over it though. She's coming over for lunch tomorrow which was pre-arranged - so that'll be interesting!
Thanks for listening.xx

Kellyansapansa said...

Wow, that's a lot to deal with. The problem with parents is that they forget sometimes that we're grown up and their idea of "protecting" us is no longer appropriate. *sigh* I hope getting it off your chest helped.

Cathie said...

hugs, hugs, hugs ♥