BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Love it or hate it?


I'm not sure.

This is a dress from the Givenchy show at Paris Fashion Week.
I love love love this dress ( or should I call it a gown?) - from the waist up. It's divine.

Now, from the waist down - I'm torn. I love the colour and I love the graduation of the shades of colour. I'm not sure about the puffy bits at all.
I like the mix of textures but maybe not the sequins, the puffy bits, the different colours,the split in the front, the geometric waistband juxtaposed against the organic curvy puffy bits...all in the same garment.

It's all a bit much.

Or is it?

Torn, I tell you!


xx

4 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

That's an interesting one! I too love the top of the dress, but I also love the bottom of the dress. I just don't love them together!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Ha! I was thinking, 'wow, love the bottom half of that frock..." And yes, it's a gown, and it's got me craving purple hues - think I need violet fingernails to get me through!

Anonymous said...

Nope - it leaves me cold. Nice colour but don't like the design. The entire thing looks confused to me. (but frankly, what would i know - I'm the mumma fashion forgot :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Megs, just left you a little award over on my bloggie! Hope all is well with you :) Caz