BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Song of the Week.


Stand by Me - Leicester School Boys Choir


A while ago , I happened to see a documentary on the ABC I think or maybe SBS - about a choir master - Gareth Malone, who went into an English boys school in Leicester for a term and started a choir.
Success at this particular school was predominantly measured by how good you were at sport, as it is in many boys schools. The arts and (particularly music) were not a priority here.
It was also a school where there were some boys with quite difficult backgrounds and tricky behavioural problems. These boys were encouraged to be in the choir - and caused Gareth a fair bit of grief along the way!

In the end , he did manage to form a choir and at the end of term they performed at the Royal Albert Hall! How exciting!

It was so wonderful to watch them perform and to see all their hard work pay off. It was just a group of boys with no singing or performance experience who gave something a go and triumphed!
So beautiful to watch!

You might need some tissues at the end. Or maybe that's just me...

Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!


xx

3 comments:

life and the memoirs said...

Hi Megs, I've just found another blog to 'follow'! I came via 'Kellyansapansa'. I look forward to reading more :)

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I am a musical theater major and, therefore, a great fan of the arts. This story warmed my heart, thank you for posting it!

megs said...

Anything Fits a Naked Man - You're welcome! So glad you enjoyed it! I have watched it MANY times and I cry almost every time.